Cook With Us – Pumpkin Soup
- 1.2 kg / 2.4 lb pumpkin (any type)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled whole
- 3 cups / 750ml vegetable broth
- 1 cup / 250 ml water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup / 125 ml cream
- Cut the pumpkin into 3cm / 2.25″ slices. Cut the skin off and scrape seeds out. Cut into chunks.
- Place the pumpkin, onion, garlic, broth and water in a pot – liquid won’t cover all the pumpkin. Bring to a boil, uncovered, then reduce heat and let simmer rapidly until pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender to blend until smooth. If you don’t have a stick blender, use a blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir through cream (never boil soup after adding soup, cream will split).
- Ladle soup into bowls, drizzle over a bit of cream, sprinkle with pepper and parsley if desired. Serve with crusty bread!
Stay tuned with us.